The following information applies to active duty military.
For details, contact the Military Student Center at 877 - VC GI BILL (877-824-4245) or complete the Request More Information form now.
We want you to be a part of Virginia College, but our mission is to help you GRADUATE from Virginia College. Just like in the military, we will work with you as part of a team. At Virginia College you will have a team of advisors starting with your own military student advisor, admissions, financial planning and student services representatives who will answer your questions quickly and accurately. You will have their names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses and they will help take care of those "side" issues so you can concentrate on the academics!
- As a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges consortium (SOC), we follow the American Council for Education (ACE) guide for the award of transfer credit for military training and experience.
- Virginia College accepts CLEP general examinations with a passing score of 50, CLEP subject examinations, DANTES subject standardized tests and College Board advanced placement exams as well as professional certification exams for consideration of award of credit.
- Transfer up to 75% of the credits needed for your college degree.
- Deployment Policy: We understand deployments. All we need is a copy of your orders and if you have successfully completed 75% of the course we will give you a grade and course credit. If it is something less than 75% you will get your money back.
- Tuition Assistance: This is money provided by the Military Services and can cover the cost of up to 6 courses per year. Our military student advisors can direct you to the right website to complete your Services application form.
- Patriots Service Scholarship. Most importantly, many servicemember's will be eligible for the Virginia College "Patriots Service Scholarship" that can reduce the cost of tuition, books and fees down to the amount of tuition assistance. That means no money out of your pocket! In the event that tuition assistance is not available from the servicemember's branch of service, a tuition waiver equal to 50% of the current catalog published tuition will be available.
- GI Bill and the New Post 9/11 GI Bill: This is a benefit you've earned. You may be eligible for the Montgomery GI Bill or the Post 9/11 GI Bill and our military student advisors can help you determine which is best for your situation. We are a proud supporter of the Yellow Ribbon program so, with full eligibility, either one will cover the cost of the Virginia College degree you are pursuing: Associates, Bachelors or Masters.
- The Veterans Administration manages this program for all the Services and our military student advisors can walk you through the right VA forms for the program you select. They will help you get the right paperwork to the right place so you can start earning your college degree right away. You can learn more about the GI Bill by going to this web site: www.gibill.va.gov
- 100% online; no final tests required at a campus or commercial testing facility.
- Real books delivered to your door or your duty station.
- On-ground campuses, many of which are located near major military facilities.
- Flexible day and night classes, and many courses may be available online as well.
- Our military student center is a specialized team of prior military service members dedicated to your success.