Spouses And Benefits
The following information applies to spouses and dependents of members of the armed services who are on active duty. For details, contact the Military Student Center at 877 - VC GI BILL (877-824-4245) or complete the Request More Information form now.
We want you to be a part of Virginia College, but our mission is to help you GRADUATE from Virginia College. Just like in the military we will work with you as part of a team. At Virginia College you will have your own team of advisors from admissions, financial planning and student services who will answer your questions quickly and accurately. You will have their names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses and they will help take care of those "side" issues so you can concentrate on the academics!
- Virginia College accepts CLEP general examinations with a passing score of 50, CLEP subject examinations, DANTES subject standardized tests and College Board advanced placement exams as well as professional certification exams for consideration of award of credit.
- Transfer up to 75% of the credits needed for your college degree
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA) (Chapter 35). Click HERE for more information.
- Chapter 33: Transfer of Entitlement to Basic Educational Assistance to Dependents Â§ 21.9570 Transfer of entitlement. An individual entitled to educational assistance under 38 U.S.C. chapter 33 based on his or her own active duty service, and who is approved by a service department to transfer entitlement, may transfer up to a total of 36 months of his or her entitlement to a dependent (or among dependents). A transferor may not transfer an amount of entitlement that is greater than the entitlement he or she has available at the time of transfer.
- Yellow Ribbon Program: Spouses are eligible to participate in the Yellow Ribbon program if entitlement has been transferred under chapter 33 at campuses participating in the Yellow Ribbon program.
- MyCAA : spouses can get information on availability and application from Militaryonesource.com by clicking HERE.
- Armed Forces Recognition Scholarship (2.2)
- 100% online; no final tests required at a campus or commercial testing facility
- Real books delivered to your door
- Everything is included in the cost of tuition; books, software, technical support, career services, EVERYTHING; even a cap and gown if you want to walk during a graduation ceremony!
- On-ground campuses, many of which are located near major military facilities
- Flexible day and night classes, and many courses may be available online as well
- Caring and knowledgeable staff dedicated to student success