The following information applies to those who have completed their service in the armed forces. For details, contact the Military Student Center at 877 - VC GI BILL (877-824-4245) or complete the Request More Information form now.
We want you to be a part of Virginia College, but our mission is to help you GRADUATE from Virginia College. Just like in the military we will work with you as part of a team. At Virginia College you will have your own team of advisors from admissions, financial planning and student services who will answer your questions quickly and accurately. You will have their names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses and they will help take care of those "side" issues so you can concentrate on the academics!
- As a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges consortium (SOC) we follow the American Council for Education (ACE) guide for the award of transfer credit for military training and experience.
- Virginia College accepts CLEP general examinations with a passing score of 50, CLEP subject examinations, DANTES subject standardized tests and College Board advanced placement exams as well as professional certification exams for consideration of award of credit.
- Transfer up to 75% of the credits needed for your college degree
- GI Bill: This is a benefit you have earned. You may be eligible for the Montgomery GI Bill or the Post 9/11 GI Bill and our admissions advisors can help you determine which is best for your situation. We are a proud supporter of the Yellow Ribbon program (for a complete list of states we currently participate in for yellow ribbon, click here) so with full eligibility either one will cover the cost of the Virginia College degree you are pursuing: Associates, Bachelors or Masters. The Veterans Administration manages this program for all the Services and our advisors can walk you through the VA form for the program you select. They will help you get the right paperwork to the right place so you can start earning your college degree right away. You can learn more about the GI Bill by going to this web site: www.gibill.va.gov
- Armed Forces Recognition Scholarship. All honorably discharged service members serving before 9/11/2001 including inactive and retired are eligible for a 10% waiver of tuition per term with proof of military service.
- 100% online; no final tests required at a campus or commercial testing facility
- Real books delivered to your door
- Everything is included in the cost of tuition; books, software, technical support, career services, EVERYTHING; even a cap and gown if you want to walk during a graduation ceremony!
- On-ground campuses, many of which are located near major military facilities
- Flexible day and night classes, and many courses may be available online as well
- Caring and knowledgeable staff dedicated to student success